Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Winter Garden Pests


   For the fourth year in a row we are having some unwelcome visits from some very bad neighbors! When I went out on the deck to yell at the Ms she came right up with her ears back. I knew I was safe but it makes going in the yard in the dark a bit unnerving! My studio is a distance from the house and there are lots of large willows bent down with snow along it. I scan the area with my headlamp and hope she isn't around.

    Their favorite foods are caragana, saskatoons, sour cherries and raspberries. There are tons of their natural food, willow, but they like our plants better. They'd also eat the apple and pear bushes except they got wrapped with burlap which doesn't appeal to them.

   These guys are far more dangerous than bears. And they are huge!!

2 comments:

gz said...

a bit different from the local wandering cats , occasional dog and marauding blackbirds and jackdaws we have here!

Unknown said...

They are extremely destructive!!Unfortunately there are rules about shooting cow moose or else they'd be 'hanging out' in our freezer!