Sunday, May 16, 2010

Pit Fired Pots






Finished my first order of Pit pots for Skagway. Got the one out for Whitehorse a couple of weeks ago, this one kind of dragged on. Got some really nice ones. Now they are all priced and packed for a little trip tomorrow. This week sees the tourist season in full swing. Another exciting summer for us. Our quiet and sleepy little (mini) town of Carcross wakes up at least for a couple of hours in the afternoon! When you add a thousand people to a population of 250 it is rather noticeable! Now I have to get my wood kiln loaded and fired before fire season gets happening. Then it is back to spinning up dog fur to finish the orders I already have. Not to mention the GARDEN.
Just an update photo of the greenhouse. It is so full you can hardly walk in there, let alone water it. I have the other greenhouse full of the plants that don't mind it cold at night. Another day or two and I can transfer Tomatoes and the other heat-lovers into it. Then I'll have two over full greenhouses. Leaves are at the squirrel ear size so planting outside seeds can happen any time I have the time...when is that?? Also getting to the end of the fly orders, finally! Only about 100 to go. When you start a 5,000 fly order you count the ones you've finished, not how many to still make (otherwise you'd just be depressed). These last ones are the most difficult to do. Not to make, easy patterns, it is just that the weather is so wonderful I don't want to be inside anymore.
This moose I saw on my way home from school Thursday night about 8:30 pm. His mom has given him the boot and he isn't sure about what to do. He should have run off when I stopped if he wants to stay alive! The cows will be having their calves in the next two weeks and they don't like the calves from last year hanging around. Tough world out there in the bush.

No comments: