Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Something Different

     I had an order from my coffee roaster guy for scoop/spoons. I'd never made them before but the process seemed straightforward. Cut out a newspaper pattern, tried it out, looked okay, made a cardboard template from an old cereal box and away we went! Made 36 of them. Found out that the pestle part of my stone mortar/pestle set worked perfectly to make the scoop part. The white stuff is cornstarch that I use so the pestle won't stick. It burns off in the firing. Right now these guys are all bisqued, glazed  and waiting in the kiln for me to fire them up.
     Three little pigs that I made for my 3 little granddaughters that live near us. Grandpa carved the wooden plugs from a piece of firewood. They each got a handful of 'twonies' in their banks.


   Tea time! Made this set for the same granddaughters last year for Christmas. Had a heck of a time getting the handles right on the little cups. They look way larger in the photo. They were just right for a 4 and 5 year old.

   It is fun to try something completely new. Most of my pottery making is serious work. Nice to go off and play around.