Sunday, May 3, 2009

Kiln Clean-up





Getting my kiln all cleaned up and ready to fire either tomorrow or next weekend. Been waiting for this for too long. With economic things being how they are I couldn't say no to all the new orders I got. Took up all the time I had reserved for fun. The weather continues to be wonderful and the snow is going fast. I found these two wild crocus blooming by the edge of the kiln shed! Right next to a huge cardboard box I use to keep all the little pieces of wood in. I'll have to be careful not to step on them. Those animals you see the rear ends of are woodland caribou. They were standing in the middle of a curve catching some rays yesterday afternoon. Of course the ones who just stand there in the road are always there when I don't have my camera along! These guys weren't in too much of a hurry. They will be trekking up to the high country to calve at the end of the month. There has been a pack of four wolves spending the winter in the bush behind our place. They cruise out to hunt the area then return. Guess they are looking for easy pickings (loose dogs) around here.

No comments: