Saturday, February 9, 2008

Reminder of Summer Past.....





After all the cold weather and the whinning I've done about it I thought that a couple of reminders of summer past would be nice. They are the two sides of my deck. I spend as much time here as possible, eating meals, taking my work out to do and just sitting out here with friends. The table is on the right as you come out of the house, all the dahlias on the left. That silver thing is the tarp over our radial arm saw. It is still there because this is the only level place where we can get enough power to run it properly. Hopefully it goes to the BIG shop when complete. Yippie, more space to put plants!

Right now I am getting ready to start seeds, proof the begonia tubers and just generally plan the garden and flowers for this summer. At least I have faith it will happen. Makes me warm just looking at these pictures. In past years when we've had a cold winter the summer tends to be warmer than usual. Sure hope it happens this year! As it was -45c again this morning.......

No comments: