Friday, November 4, 2011

Another Visit to the Slab Pile




I spent the day glazing pots, getting ready for another firing. Actually it looks like two firings back to back...... It takes a while to recover.Be nice to have some help.....guess I am lucky to have some in getting the wood.

This pile used to be lots bigger. I thought I had a lifetime supply if no forest fire got to it first. However it now seems like some of my neighbors have discovered it as a handy source of firewood. We need someone to do some saw-milling, too bad the government makes it so difficult!!

Snow has come and gone a few times. It probably won't be long before we get some that stays put. More later!!

3 comments:

gz said...

I like doing two firings back to back, you can learn from the first and try out new ideas straight away. It keeps inspiration flowing ( and uses less fuel!!)

Claudia MacPhee said...

Trouble is that I have to clean all the shelves, remove ashes, blah,blah.
,blah....and then there is the weather! Standing around in the -20's for 14 hours not that much fun. If it gets too cold I just might save the second one. Tomorrow is supposed to only be -2 with a 30 k wind.....

gz said...

At least you CAN fire when it gets that cold. with using Propane gas, if it is that cold I'm stopped!